We offer a range of healthcare liability products in the US:
- Hospitals – all sizes from stand-alone critical access up to large multi-location and multi-state systems. No limitations on geography within the US, or attachment
- Allied health – including nurse staffing, social services, home health providers, clinics, specialty medical services e.g. dialysis or radiology, pharmacies, medical colleges and medical transport. We focus on larger risks buying upwards of US $5m of limit
- Physician groups – larger groups (upwards of ten physicians) retaining significant amounts and preferably buying upwards of US $5m of limit.
Full claims handling, risk and actuarial benchmarking, and risk and education services are also available:
- We have partnered with Mendes & Mount to offer modern collaborative claims analysis www.mendes.com
- Benchmarking capabilities which can be tailored to specific client requests which might, for example, involve peer group analysis or work on loss patterns
- On lead accounts we are also able to offer risk management, patient safety and education services through our experienced team at SMS Consulting.
US Hospital Terrorism Liability
Our US Hospital Terrorism Liability product represents the first such offering in the US market designed specifically for US healthcare institutions.
What it offers
- Up to $50m of coverage
- The only dedicated healthcare terrorism form and application in the industry
- The services of Control Risks
- The ability to write on a lead or excess basis
- ‘A’ rated (by AM Best) and ‘A’+ (S&P, Fitch) Lloyd’s capacity.
Who is it for?
- Academic medical centres and universities
- Long term care providers
- Physician groups and offices
- Research institutions and laboratories
- Other healthcare providers.
Priced, bound and serviced by the Healthcare Team in Bermuda, it is solely aimed at healthcare providers and their needs and is available on a stand alone basis, or can be packaged with our Hospital Professional Liability product.
US Solo Strike Liability:
We have launched the first ever dedicated Solo Strike Liability insurance product for the US healthcare market. In the event of an attack, Hiscox’s Solo Strike Liability, designed specifically for hospitals and larger healthcare facilities, will respond with comprehensive liability protection as well as providing immediate crisis management support.
What it offers
Our US Solo Strike Liability product offers:
- USD $50m standard limits, with access up to USD $100m.
- Only dedicated solo shooter liability form and application in the industry
- Written on claims made basis
- Recognition and credit for well risk managed institutions
- Additional security and specialist risk services such as security reviews/audits, event stress testing, crisis management and work place violence prevention.
Underwritten by Hiscox’s Healthcare team
With market leading cover and tailored product enhancements, we can also make this product available as a package with our existing Hospital Professional Liability and Hospital Terrorism Liability products.